6 Easy DIY Eye Cream for Dark Circles
While fatigue seems to be the most logical explanation for dark circles, there are a number of different factors that can contribute to this condition. In most cases, dark circles under the eyes do not indicate a health problem to worry about and do not require medical attention. However, it causes aesthetic problems and the downside is the fact that getting rid of these rings can be difficult.
In this article, we will talk about easy DIY eye cream for dark circles. But first, let’s examine the most common causes of dark circles:
What Causes Dark Circles?
- Insomnia: Excessive tiredness, insufficient sleep or sleeping beyond normal can cause dark circles under the eyes. Insomnia can cause the skin to appear dull and pale, causing dark tissues and blood vessels to appear under the skin.
- Dehydration: Dehydration is the disruption of the fluid balance the body needs due to insufficient fluid intake. This is a common cause of dark circles under the eyes.
- Age: The natural aging process is a common cause of dark circles under the eyes. As the person ages, the skin becomes thinner and loses its elasticity. Subcutaneous adipose tissue and the amount of collagen that provides elasticity to the skin decreases. As a result, dark blood vessels under the skin become more prominent and cause the under eye area to appear dark.
- Allergies: Allergic reactions and dry eyes can trigger dark circles.
- Genetic: If dark circles under the eyes are common in family members, the rate of seeing the same in other individuals is higher than the normal population.
- Eye strain: Looking at the television, computer, tablet and phone screen can cause significant eye strain. If this tension continues for a long time, it causes the blood vessels around the eyes to expand. As a result, the areas around and under the eyes become darker.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: Excessive exposure to the sun can cause excessive production of the pigment called melanin, which provides color to the skin. Too much sun causes darkening of the skin, especially around the eyes.
6 DIY Eye Cream for Dark Circles
1. Almond Oil and Lemon
Lemon is a natural and powerful bleach that nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. When almond oil and lemon juice are combined, it becomes an ideal mixture for dark circles under the eyes. Mix 1 teaspoon of almond oil with half a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and massage it under the eyes and leave for 10 minutes. Use the lemon juice sparingly so that it does not cause irritation and redness. Be careful not to get any into your eyes and if it does, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
2. Grape Seed Oil
This oil can be applied directly to the skin and has a low risk of irritation. For this reason, it is highly preferred for skin and the under eye area. It reduces puffiness under the eyes, strengthens veins and eliminates dark circles. Apply a few drops of grape seed oil to your fingertips and massage it under your eyes. You will notice that the dark circles are reduced within a few weeks with regular use.
Dip a cotton ball in the juice of 1 fresh apple and apply a compress to your under eyes. It can be applied every evening.
4. Potatoes and Cucumbers
Potatoes and cucumbers are generally well-known and recommended as treatment for dark circles under the eyes. After a tiring day or stressful periods when you cannot get enough sleep, you can benefit from cucumber and potatoes against dark circles and swelling under the eyes.
Slice a raw potato. Leave the slices in the fridge for an hour and place a slice over your eyes. Keep your eyes closed. Wait like this for 15 minutes.
Likewise, cut the cucumber into slices and cool them well in the refrigerator. Leave them on your eyes for 25 minutes.
Mix 3 tablespoons of parsley and 2 tablespoons of yogurt through a blender. Rub the resulting mixture under your eyes. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. It will be better to apply this process at night. It can be done regularly once a week.
6. Chamomile Tea
Before applying the chamomile tea around the eyes and on your face, you should grate a raw potato, bring it to the consistency of a mash and leave it around your eyes for about 1 hour. Then wash your face many times with chamomile tea.