6 Easy and Quick Home Remedies for Watery Eyes
Tears, which are necessary for the eye surface not to dry out and to function normally, are produced by the glands located under the eyelids.
The lacrimal sac and tear ducts transport the secreted tear to the nasal cavity. Obstruction of this cavity for various reasons leads to the watery eye problem called “epiphora”.
Although this situation does not seem very serious in terms of health, it is a problem that negatively affects the quality of life.
Those who have this problem have to wipe their eyes constantly. If the watering of the eyes is due to clogging of the tear ducts, patients face the risk of inflammation and the risk of ectropion of the lower lids as a result of improper wiping of the eye.
What Are The Symptoms of Watery Eyes?
- Pain and swelling around the eyes
- The feeling of a foreign substance in the eye
- Feeling pain when opening and closing the eyes
- Continuous redness in the eyes
- Eye problems accompanied by severe headaches
- Pain sensation around the nose and sinuses
- Noticing injuries and scratches in the eyes
- Bruising around the eyes
Causes of Watery Eyes
- Lack of vitamins: Insufficient levels of certain vitamins such as vitamin B12 in the body are among the factors that can cause tears.
- Allergies and infection: Allergies are the biggest cause of watery eyes. Substances such as pollen and dust are perceived by the body as enemies. As a result, conditions such as tearing, bloodshot, itching and swelling in the eyes may occur.
- Tiredness: Constant focus can tire the eyes. While concentrating on computers, phones, television, books, magazines, hand-held fine work, the eyes make a lot of effort and tears can be seen.
- Contact lenses: If the lenses used do not conform to the diopter, it may cause constant tension in the eye. When wearing lenses, excessive watering of the eyes, excessive stimulation of the corneal layer of the eye, and even the allergy of the eyes to the lens storage container can cause tears.
- Cosmetics: Generally, cosmetic products used extensively by women can sometimes cause allergies in the eyes. When purchasing cosmetic products, quality products should be preferred or you can make your makeup products.
Home Remedies for Watery Eyes
1. Sesame Seeds
Soak 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds in a little water. Put the soaked sesame seeds on the eyelids and leave for half an hour.
2. Strawberry Leaves
Boil a handful of strawberry leaves in 4 glasses of water. After brewing for 15 minutes, filter the strawberry leaves out of the water. Put the lukewarm leaves on your eyelids with gauze and leave for half an hour.
3. Rose Water
Put 1 teaspoon of coriander in 2 cups of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes and strain.
Add half of a coffee cup of rose water to the water and gently press it on your eyes. If you apply this cure 3 times a day, it will treat watering eyes.
4. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the most beneficial types of tea for the human body. When used in the treatment of watery eyes caused by inflammation, a noticeable acceleration is observed in the healing process.
On the other hand, if there is a microbial condition in the eyes, it will also heal.
5. Cold Compress
While the cold compress helps relieve the pain in the eyes, it is also good for the redness and swelling caused by the pain.
However, care should be taken when applying cold compresses. It will be healthier to apply the cold object by wrapping it in a thin cloth.
For a cold compress, you can soak a thin cloth in cold water and then massage it around the eyes.
The vitamins and minerals contained in cucumber are beneficial for the body, as well as for the skin.
By eliminating itching and irritation caused by water in the eyes, slows down the disease and relaxes the eyes.
Peel a whole cucumber and place 2 slices on your eyes and leave it for 15 minutes.
How to change your eye color at home
How to stop sugar cravings instantly