Here Are 10 Uses for Banana Peels
There are incredibly effective uses for banana peels, from adding them to recipes to using them as home remedies for a variety of ailments.
Here are 10 different reasons why you should not throw your banana peels away and what you can do with them instead.
Like most fruits, most of the vitamins are in the skin of the banana. The banana peel contains a lot of iron, potassium, B vitamins, C and K vitamins.
In addition, the peel has antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial and enzymatic properties. So what are the uses for banana peels? Let’s break it down.
10 Uses for Banana Peels
1. Removes Tooth Stains and Makes Teeth Whiter
The citric acid found in banana peels is an effective substance in teeth whitening. In this way, the banana peels strengthen the teeth while removing the stains on the tooth surface and making them whiter.
To do this, gently rub your teeth with the soft side of the banana peel. You can repeat this 1 or 2 times a day. Then brush your teeth as usual. If you apply this method regularly, you will start to see the difference.
2. Prevents Acne Formation and Provides a Remedy for Acne
Banana peels, which are very rich in antioxidants, also have anti-inflammatory properties. In this way, the banana peel, which helps prevent acne formation by fighting microbes, also dries out the existing acne and pimples.
It allows you to have smooth and healthy skin. To do this, all you have to do is massage your acne with the soft area inside the banana peel and leave it for 20 minutes for your skin to absorb.
You can then clean your face thoroughly with cold water. There is no harm in repeating this method twice a day.
3. Eliminates Under Eye Bags and Swelling
Thanks to the potassium in the banana peel, you can get rid of under-eye bags and relieve your tired and swollen eyes.
Banana peels with moisturizing properties can also help you get rid of under-eye bags. To do this, scrape the inside of the peel and apply it to the under-eye area.
If you wish, you can also add one or two spoons of aloe vera gel. Leave this mask on your face for 15 minutes and then clean it with plenty of water.
4. Reduces Blackheads and Skin Blemishes
Antioxidant-rich banana peels are great for skin health. Due to the vitamins A, B, C and E contained in the banana peel, it is very useful for blackheads and spots on the skin.
It is enough to massage your face for 5 minutes with a banana peel, leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off. Try to do this once every other day, not every day.
5. Relieves Headache
When you experience severe headaches, place the banana peels on your forehead and temples.
You can also wrap it with a cloth to prevent it from falling off. When you lie down and wait, you will see that your headache starts to fade slowly.
6. Relieves Insect and Mosquito Bites and Itching Sensations
Polysaccharides in the skin of bananas can relieve swelling and itching after insect bites. All you have to do is rub the bite area with a banana peel for 5 minutes and leave it for 15 minutes to clean. It’s that simple!
7. It Reduces Warts
Banana peels can dissolve warts. Place a piece of banana peel that is slightly larger than the wart over that area and wrap it with a cloth.
Let it stay like this for a night. You can open the bandage the next morning. You can use this method until the warts are gone.
8. Shoe Shiner
Now we will talk about a benefit of banana peels that we can use in our daily life besides health.
Potassium, which is included in shoe polishes because it nourishes the leather of a shoe, is naturally contained in the banana peel.
This feature allows you to get great results in shoes that have lost their shine.
Rub your shoes with the fleshy side of the banana peel and leave your shoes with a sticky layer on them for a while and then rub them with a soft cloth to clean them.
By the way, one more note: you can use the same method for your furniture, such as leather sofas.
9. Helps Treat Psoriasis
You can use a banana peel, which is full of various antioxidants including lutein and moisturizes the skin thanks to its fatty acids, with the approval of your doctor in the treatment of psoriasis.
For this, just pour olive oil into the banana peel, apply it and then clean it with cold water.
10. Solution for Deep Splinter
Banana peels, which moisturize and soften the skin, are also perfect for splinters that do not come out.
Secure the banana peel with a bandage to the area where the splinter is. After waiting for about 5 hours, open the bandage. The splinter will come out with the banana peel.
So What Happens In Our Body If We Eat Bananas every day?
- When you eat 1 banana every day, you start to feel fuller
- If you continue to consume bananas regularly, you will support the healthy functioning of your digestive system
- Due to the beneficial ingredients in it, you will feel more energetic when you eat 1 banana every day: There is also vitamin B6 in bananas, which is not common in other food. It is almost inevitable that you will feel more energetic when the vitamins A and C in the banana, especially this vitamin, come into play.
- Your blood pressure is regulated: Potassium, which removes all kinds of plaques that accumulate or may accumulate in the veins, is one of the minerals that should be taken during the day, especially for those who have high blood pressure problems. You can achieve this by eating 1 banana every day.
- Your risk of cardiovascular diseases decreases in the long term.
- If you continue to consume bananas regularly, you will maintain your bone health.
- Your ability to cope with depression, stress and unhappiness increase: This is one of the benefits of bananas that may be the most surprising but have the most impact. It repels stress, both because it regulates the blood circulation and provides the transportation of the oxygen it needs to our brain and because it triggers the secretion of happiness hormones with its ingredients.
- Your hair will become stronger, and you will have thicker and longer hair.