Is Apple Good for Cholesterol? – Overview
Is apple good for cholesterol – Yes, if you consume two apples a day, you may keep the doctor away.
People who eat apples daily can lower their cholesterol as their blood vessels relax. Further, eating apples also keep the risk of cardiovascular disease at bay.
But you might need two apples to keep yourself fit and healthy. The main reason behind the apple theory is that it includes unique fiber.
It aids in producing fatty acids with the help of gut bacteria, thus lowering cholesterol production.
The human body has two types of cholesterol – the good cholesterol and the bad. Eating apples will keep the bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) at lower levels.
Is apple good for cholesterol – Benefits of eating them
Apples taste delicious, but they form a part of snacks, salads, or can be eaten raw. There are several benefits to eating apples daily. Let’s look at how apples are useful in maintaining cholesterol levels and keeping a person healthy.
- Apple contains a unique fiber called ‘pectin.’ This fiber makes a person feel full, thus contributing to weight loss. Once you consume an apple, you won’t feel the craving to have any other food or fruit. By keeping the weight under control, apples contribute to lowering cholesterol levels.
- Apples also help in reducing or preventing the risks of cardiovascular diseases.
- Being rich in fiber, apples help in the digestion of the food properly. Thus, it also helps in keeping constipation away.
- Consuming apples regularly will decrease the levels of LDL cholesterol, i.e., the bad cholesterol. This type of cholesterol is the key culprit that causes the hardening or thickening of the artery walls.
- In the same way, eating apples regularly daily will help increase HDL cholesterol level, i.e., good cholesterol—the right levels of HDL cholesterol help lower the levels of triglycerides in the blood.
- Apples also include antioxidant compound polyphenols, which help in decreasing LDL cholesterol levels. Further, it helps in reducing the possibility of narrowing arteries.
- Apples help in maintaining a healthy immune system. The fruit contains immune-boosting Vitamin C that helps in strengthening the body tissues against pathogens. It also helps in guarding the human body against pollution, infections, radiation, and much more.
- Apples are recommended for type 2 diabetes patients, and they should consider adding them to the diet. It helps in maintaining and improving blood sugar levels.
- The antioxidants present in the apples play an essential role in cancer prevention. It is because of the fiber present in apples that help in preventing cancer cell growth.
Is apple good for cholesterol – Tips on consuming apples regularly
One of the natural methods of lowering harmful cholesterol levels is by consuming apples. Let us take a look at some of the tips about how many apples one should consume regularly.
- To keep your weight under control, one apple a day is good to go. Secondly, having an apple for each meal will help in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Eating raw fruits and vegetables is recommended for one and all. Apples should be consumed without peeling the skin. The apple skin contains beneficial substances and antioxidants. However, washing the apple before eating is advised as it can prevent leftover harmful pesticides.
- Don’t mix apples with your meal. One should consume an apple an hour before each meal as it encourages metabolism in the stomach. Further, it helps in absorbing beneficial substances from the meals efficiently.
- Eating apples is a perfect thing, but you can also make juice and enjoy the same. Make sure to avoid adding sugar to apple juice as it will add to the fat.
- The best recommendation is to have one apple early in the breakfast.
Is apple good for cholesterol – Role of apples in reducing cholesterol levels
Apples are known as the best friend of the heart as it helps in lowering cholesterol levels. It is suitable for the entire health and not just heart health.
Secondly, people who develop the habit of taking medication to lower their cholesterol levels often experience liver problems.
However, consuming apples doesn’t have any side effects or adverse effects on health. It is strongly advised to stop using statins for lowering cholesterol levels. Start eating apples to remain healthy for a long time.
Eating not just one but two apples regularly will indeed reduce the harmful cholesterol levels.
The risks of cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack or stroke, are also reduced. Just focus on the mantra ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but two are better.’ Stay fit and healthy.
Is apple good for acid reflux?