Is Apple Good For Constipation? – Overview
Is apple good for constipation? – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – and constipation at bay. That’s true because apple has higher amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber, which come in handy in fighting constipation and regulating bowel movements.
The fruit is highly advantageous for overall wellbeing and possesses many amazing health benefits, including weight loss, dealing with digestion issues & diarrhea, improving bowel movements, and even controlling diabetes.
Apple is a fiber-rich fruit with higher amounts of pectin fiber, which makes you feel full for a long. The soluble fiber in apples can relieve constipation and diarrhea, helping in smoother bowel movements.
One should always follow a balanced diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating high-fiber fruits and foods, while eliminating processed foods, would be an ultimate choice, for sure.
Why Is Apple Good for Constipation? Let’s Find Out!
Apples are rich in dietary fiber, which makes them the best natural remedy to get relief when feeling bloated. Plus, drinking plenty of water and following a balanced diet will also help to get rid of such health issues.
However, too much fiber intake is also not good for the body. Excessive consumption of fiber foods may increase the risks of bloating and constipation. So, you need to slowly increase the intake of dietary fiber to make things go the right way.
Let’s find out how apple helps to ease constipation.
- As said, apples are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps in comfortable and painless bowel movements.
- Soluble fibers in apples produce excessive water in the stool to keep it soft.
- Apple is loaded with soluble fiber that forms a gel-like compound in the stool for easy exit.
- The insoluble fiber in apples adds bulk to the stool and further helps to get the stool out of the body alleviating constipation issues.
- You can have a fresh apple or apple juice; both are loaded with multiple health benefits.
- Due to the higher quantity of soluble fibers, apple also keeps the body hydrated eliminating the risks of painful stools.
- Apple also works as an immunity booster, regulating the frequency of bowel movements to ease inflammation issues.
The Properties of Apple that Help Alleviate Constipation
Because of the multiple health benefits, apples are the most popular cure against constipation. The higher amounts of fibers, antioxidants, and vitamins in apples help the body to fight against constipation, diarrhea, & many other deadly diseases.
It is one of the fruits that you can easily add to your daily diet and reduce the risks of several health problems, including diabetes, heart issues, and cancer. Consuming at least 20-25 grams of fiber in a day works the best to keep your body in sound shape. And, you can eat apples in your daily meal to make it the right choice for you.
Let’s discuss the properties of apples that help against constipation and other health problems.
- Just like fiber, our body needs antioxidants to function properly. Apples are rich in antioxidants and fiber, which help in managing the inflammatory response system in the body.
- Raw apples and apple juice also work as an immunity boosters.
- Apples have a higher amount of soluble fiber that assists in the easy exit of stool from the body.
- Higher levels of minerals, vitamins, and proteins in apples help people with constipation to ease bowel movements.
- It also helps to improve the frequency of bowel movements, while relieving pain and discomfort.
- Apple skin is rich in pectin fiber and it provides relief from constipation and diarrhea.
- The fruit also shows alkaline properties that deal with the thickening of walls inside the arteries – lowering the risk of stroke.
- People suffering from infrequent bowel movements should eat apples to manage the issue and control the symptoms.