Is apple good for constipation? – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – and constipation at bay. That’s absolutely true because apple has higher amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber, which come handy in fighting constipation and regulating bowel movements.
The fruit is highly advantageous for the overall wellbeing and possesses many amazing health benefits, including weight loss, dealing with digestion issues & diarrhea, improving bowel movements, and even controlling diabetes.
Apple is a fiber-rich fruit with higher amounts of pectin fiber, which makes you feel full for long. The soluble fiber in apples can relieve constipation and diarrhea, helping in smoother bowel movements.
One should always follow a balanced diet to maintain healthy lifestyle. Eating high-fiber fruits and foods, while eliminating processed foods, would be an ultimate choice, for sure.
Why Is Apple Good for Constipation? Let’s Find Out!
Apples are rich in dietary fiber, which makes it the best natural remedy to get relief when feeling bloated. Plus, drinking a plenty of water and following a balanced diet will also help to get rid of such health issues.
However, too much of fiber intake is also not good for the body. Excessive consumption of fiber foods may increase the risks of bloating and constipation. So, you need to slowly increase the intake of dietary fiber to make things go the right way.
Let’s find out how apple helps to ease constipation.
- As said, apples are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps in comfortable and painless bowel movements.
- Soluble fibers in apple produce excessive water in the stool to keep it soft.
- Apple is loaded with soluble fiber that forms gel-like compound in the stool for easy exit.
- Insoluble fiber in apple adds bulk to the stool, and further help to get the stool out of the body alleviating constipation issues.
- You can have a fresh apple or apple juice; both are loaded with multiple health benefits.
- Due to the higher quantity of soluble fibers, apple also keeps the body hydrated eliminating the risks of painful stools.
- Apple also works as an immunity booster, regulating the frequency of bowel movements to ease inflammation issues.
The Properties of Apple that Help Alleviate Constipation
Because of the multiple health benefits, apples are the most popular cure against constipation. The higher amounts of fibers, antioxidants, and vitamins in apple help the body to fight against constipation, diarrhea, & many other deadly diseases.
It is one of the fruits that you can easily add to your daily diet and reduce the risks of several health problems, including diabetes, heart issues, and cancer. Consuming at least 20-25 grams of fiber in a day works the best to keep your body in sound shape. And, you can eat apple in your daily meal to make it the right choice for you.
Let’s discuss the properties of apple that help against constipation and other health problems.
- Just like fiber, our body needs antioxidants to function properly. Apples are rich in antioxidants and fiber both, which help in managing the inflammatory response system in the body.
- Raw apples and apple juice also work as immunity booster.
- Apples have higher amount of soluble fiber that assists in easy exit of stool from the body.
- Higher levels of minerals, vitamins, and proteins in apple help people with constipation to ease the bowel movements.
- It also helps to improve the frequency of bowel movements, while relieving pain and discomfort.
- Apple skin is rich in pectin fiber and it provides relief from constipation and diarrhea.
- The fruit also shows alkaline properties that deal with thickening of walls inside the arteries – lowering the risk of stroke.
- People suffering from infrequent bowel movements should eat apple to manage the issue and control the symptoms.