The Best Home Remedies to Quit Smoking
Learn the Best Home Remedies to Quit Smoking and Other Tips to Help you Quit
Anyone who smokes has heard that they should quit. People you know have told you. You have thought of quitting before on your own. According to experts, smoking addiction is a treatable problem but can be difficult, and many people find it almost impossible to quit.
When looking for ways to quit smoking, have you ever thought why quitting smoking is so difficult?
Ex-smokers say that quitting smoking is the hardest thing they ever had to do. Still, millions of people have quit smoking and more and more are quitting every day. You can quit too. It is not impossible, but difficult because:
- Smoking can be a social activity and other people smoking may trigger you to smoke
- Smoking is seen as an essential part of your life
- Some activities you do become linked to smoking
- Nicotine in cigarettes is addictive
- Nicotine withdrawal makes you want to smoke repeatedly
If you know how to listen to our body well enough, you can prevent or relieve many health and physical problems. If you ask yourself some questions, it could help you can find home remedies to quit smoking that work for you. So, what are these questions?
If you are thinking of quitting, ask your self why you want to quit. Do you want to be healthier, do you want to save money or protect your family? If you’re not sure why, ask yourself these questions :
- What do I hate about smoking?
- What am I missing in my life when I smoke?
- How will my life be better when I quit?
- How does smoking affect my health?
Find the reason you want to quit smoking first. Then remind yourself of that every time you want to smoke. You can find many questions to support your smoking free life. Do not forget! The most important reason is your health.
What kind of harms does smoking cause?
- Your teeth will look dirty and you will experience gum disease
- You will feel that you are losing your sense of taste in the mouth and the pharynx and the risk of cancer increases.
- Heart and blood vessels are damaged and your risk of having a heart attack, vascular occlusion and blood pressure increases
- Cancer in the lungs, bronchitis and emphysema occur.
There are many medical drugs and support available to quit smoking but without the need for these, you can do this with herbal methods and home remedies.
- Chamomile Tea
Drinking chamomile tea calms the nervousness that occurs when quitting smoking. It also has antioxidant properties. When you have a desire to smoke, you can drink a cup of chamomile tea.
- Passion Flowers (Passiflora)
Passion flowers are good for nicotine deprivation. This herb, which is also good for insomnia, calms you while quitting smoking. You can make tea of passion flowers.
We know that ginger has immune-boosting, nausea-reducing and cough suppressant benefits. Ginger is also an effective natural remedy for quitting smoking. You can get rid of the desire to smoke by chewing a piece of ginger.
- Licorice Root
Licorice root is the best herb for nicotine withdrawal. You can put licorice root in your mouth and suck it as like you were smoking.
To get rid of smoking cravings, you can eat two cloves of garlic before meals. You can also squeeze lemon on garlic to prevent the garlic smell.
Boil lavender in water. Wait for 10 minutes. You can take a sip every time you want to smoke.
Apart from all these solutions, ways to quit smoking include:
- Trigger yourself by setting a date. Choose a day to quit smoking
- Talk to people who have quit smoking. Seeing how they did it will encourage you, too
- Frequent non-smoking places in your social life
- Reward yourself to support your effort to quit
See the process to quit smoking as a struggle. To win it, you should know what should be done after quitting smoking. You will not to be successful if you do not act correctly.
So what should we do after quitting smoking?
- You have to stay away from smoking environments
- Drink herbal teas to overcome nicotine crises
- Get hobbies
- Do one of your hobbies whenever you think of smoking
- Be careful what you eat! Thinking that you gained weight because of you quitting can encourage you to smoke again
- Tell everyone about your quitting decision
- Drink plenty of water every day
- Remember that your crisis is temporary
Quitting smoking is a difficult process. Therefore, the support you get from your environment can help you in this process. The first three days are very critical in attempting to quit smoking. During these three days, some changes are experienced in the body. Drinking plenty of water will support these three days.