Find Out The Best 10 Home Remedies For Hair Falling Out
A healthy scalp has an average of 100 thousand hairs. In adults, an average of 100-150 hairs falling out per day is considered normal due to washing and combing. The lifetime of each hair is roughly divided into three phases.
- Growth phase: The phase that takes the longest. At this phase, the hair grows by 1 cm per month on average.
- Resting phase: After completing the growth phase, the hair enters a resting phase that lasts a few weeks. This phase lasts 2-3 weeks on average.
- Falling phase: Hair entering the falling phase loses its connection with the hair follicle and falls out within 2-4 months. This period can be shortened but not extended by combing, brushing and washing processes. At the end of this period, even if nothing is done to the hair, the hair will spontaneously fall off. New hair is produced from the hair follicle instead of the shedding hair.
This cycle continues for a lifetime. The stage of the hair cannot be understood from the external appearance and at any time, 85-90% of the hair is in the growth phase, 1-2% in the resting phase, 10-15% in the falling phase.
What are the causes of hair falling out?
- Genetic factors
- Skin problems
- Wrong eating habits
- Vitamin and mineral deficiency
- Hormonal problems
- Some internal diseases and medicine use
- Postpartum process
- Chemotherapy process (Less common with the use of more modern drugs in recent years, but it is still sometimes seen, and is a situation that tends to recover spontaneously when the treatment is completed.)
- Cosmetic factors
- Stress and depression
Steps to follow for healthy hair
If you are seeing hair loss, it is necessary to make some adjustments in your habits to prevent hair loss and to ensure healthy hair growth and vitality.
- You should avoid unhealthy diets.
- You should pay attention to your sleep times.
- You should try to reduce or cope with stress.
- If you have a vitamin deficiency, you should take precautions.
- You should consume foods containing zinc, B12, copper and folic acid.
- You should not make a habit of smoking and alcohol use.
- You should consume antioxidant foods (such as vegetables and fruits)
In addition to following these steps, there are many methods you can do at home to prevent your hair from falling out.
Home Remedies For Hair Falling Out
Minerals such as zinc, sulfur and selenium in the egg help the natural growth rate of the hair. Mix 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium bowl. Apply the mixture to your scalp vigorously and rinse your hair after waiting 30 minutes. Apply the mask on your hair 1-2 times a week.
The Aloe Vera plant is known to be one of the most natural moisturizers. In addition to being good for the skin, it moisturizes the scalp and helps prevent hair loss by strengthening the structure of the hair. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel, 5/1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Apply the mixture you have prepared to all your hair, especially your scalp. Leave it in your hair for 20 minutes and rinse. Repeat once a week.
Despite the unpleasant smell of garlic, it has very positive effects on hair fall. With garlic, you can prevent hair falling out and support new hair growth. Mix 2-3 cloves of garlic in a blender and strain the garlic juice. Mix half a teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the garlic juice. Apply the mixture you on your scalp and hair ends in proportion. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and rinse your hair thoroughly. You can repeat it 1 to 2 times a week.
With its vitamins and proteins, yogurt is as much a hair food as a health food. Mix a bowl of yogurt, half a cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture thoroughly to your hair by massaging the scalp. After waiting for 15-20 minutes in your hair, rinse with lukewarm water. You can repeat 1 or 2 times a week.
Rich in potassium, natural oils and vitamins, banana is an effective solution for hair falling out. Mix 2 ripe bananas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey until you have a soft consistency. Apply the mixture to all your hair and scalp by massaging. Leave the mask in your hair for 10 minutes and rinse your hair with lukewarm water.