Home Remedies for Whiter Teeth That Will Make You Smile More Confidently
Teeth have a very important place in terms of cleaning and hygiene. Dental care is very important in order to have a healthy and aesthetic smile, to have high self-confidence and to feel good while communicating.
Why do teeth become yellow?
Teeth turn yellow because food and drinks stain and discolor the teeth, usually in cases where oral hygiene is not adequate. Many people brush their teeth as soon as they get up in the morning and do not repeat again during the day. In this case, teeth may become yellow or brown spots may appear on them. As a result, the possibility of encountering tooth decay and gum problems is very high.
Causes of stains on teeth:
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption
- Acidic beverage consumption
- Insufficient dental care
- Genetic dental disorders
- Erosion of tooth enamel due to using the wrong toothbrush and toothpaste
- Excessive consumption of fluorinated water
- Consuming too many foods with high coloring ratio (cherry, sour cherry, etc.)
- Consuming excessive tea and coffee
- Diets that damage the tooth structure
What Should You Do To Prevent Tooth Yellowing and Staining?
- Choose green tea or herbal teas instead of black tea
- One of the culprits of stains on your teeth may be the wine you drink regularly. Red and white wine causes yellowing effect on your teeth.
- Avoid soy sauce, tomato, and instant sauces
- Although spice is beneficial for the immune and digestive system when consumed in certain amounts, it has a yellowing effect on the teeth. For this reason, you should brush your teeth after consuming spicy food
- Acidic Beverages: sweetened, unnatural drinks that contain acid damage the tooth enamel and trigger color deformation. For this reason, you should choose fresh fruit juices for your meals.
- Chemicals in candies such as jelly beans greatly harm dental health. Especially the soft candies that stick to the teeth or get between the teeth also cause tooth decay.
- If you are a coffee drinker, chewing a sugar-free gum after coffee takes the effect of the coffee and provides a whitening effect.
Home Remedies for Whiter Teeth
Baking soda and lemon
Add fresh lemon juice to a teaspoon of baking soda and mix until foamy. Then apply with a clean toothbrush. It has acidic properties, so you should repeat this method at most 1-2 times a week.
Baking soda has natural lightening properties. When you apply it 2-3 times a week, you will see that the color will lighten. Dip your wet toothbrush in baking soda and brush your teeth gently.
Although it does not seem to lighten as much as baking soda, if you brush your teeth with table salt, you will see that the color lightens a little and you will get rid of the bacteria in your mouth due to the antibacterial properties of the salt. Dip your wet toothbrush in salt and brush your teeth gently.
An orange peel can be used to resolve bad breath and yellowing of teeth. Teeth can be brushed every night before going to bed with the inside of the orange peel. It is helps to clean the mouth and teeth with its calcium and vitamin C. It also refreshes the breath and it gives effective results when used regularly.
Banana peels are also commonly used to whiten yellow teeth. In addition to its teeth whitening feature, it also softens the gums. Massage your teeth with a banana peel for about 5 minutes. Then brush your teeth with toothpaste. You will get effective results when you do this process regularly.
Baking Soda , Cinnamon and Sage Mix
While baking soda takes over the task of whitening, cinnamon and sage are responsible for killing bacteria in the mouth and cleaning the mouth. After brushing your teeth, mix the pounded sage with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and cinnamon. After dipping your wet brush into this mixture, apply it to your teeth.
Strawberry is another remedy used against yellow teeth. Strawberry containing malic acid is also effective in dental care. Crush a few strawberries and add some baking soda. Then rub it on your teeth. Rinse your mouth with water after waiting for a while.
Known for its anti-bacterial properties, glycerin will both whiten your teeth and counter decay by killing the germs in your mouth. After brushing your teeth, apply a few drops of glycerin to your teeth.
Neem leaf has natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Therefore, it is very effective in teeth whitening and mouth cleaning. If you don’t want to put the neem leaves into paste, you can chew them. If you don’t want to chew, you can add neem oil to your toothpaste.